Thursday 28 May 2009

The Brink

Sleep,
Why are we here?
Sleep,
who created us
Sleep,
how much is a pint of milk?
Sleep,
where are the keys?
Sleep,
Which life do I live?
Sleep,
Which room do the deceased live in?
Sleep,
why do infants cry?
Sleep
why is it so cold?
Sleep,
who wrote that song?,
Sleep,
Mum, are you there?
Sleep,
what was that noise?
Sleep,
mom,
Sleep,
mom?
Sleep,
is that a spider on the ceiling?
Sleep,
was that its shadow in the corner?
Sleep,
Are we alone?
Sleep,
where will I be in ten years time?
Sleep,
will I be a success?
Sleep
will I be alive?
Sleep,
who was the nineteenth president?
Sleep
why am I itching there?
sleep
is that cancer?
sleep,
Is that death?
sleep,
am I going to die?
sleep,
tonight, maybe,
sleep,
what if i am going blind?
sleep,
open my eyes
sleep,
too tired,
sleep,
it's time,
sleep,
why do we.......
sleep.

M J Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment