Friday 16 February 2018

Yorkshire man.

I'm a Yorkshire man, proud and quite in a crowd of unceasingly unbelievable silence
I'm the steel factory chimney pouring smoke into the dawns early air, choking, I'm a matter,  an interference
Grandads inheritance of a pocket watch, medals from the ww2 service, never knew what by which he gained them
Was he a brave man with a rifle in hand , was he the petal of crazy standing tall above the stem

Distilled grilled and puff like the dragon of a smoking , cheering crowd of nazi behemoth
Just like me, fading into the background, a sinkhole of obscurity, cut from the very same cloth.
Don't even know which continent he served in, Asia, Europe, a travelling bulett gypsy with no recognition
From the survivors, I fucking exist because of his efforts, his trials and tribulations.

Guilty, ghosts of intrinsic soap suds flowing over my naked and guilty your honour mind
The hurricane, instability of the diagnosed insane, try to be better than the insecure obscured, I can't grasp the intestines of that stomach connected double downed and blind
Through trenches of apprehensions. Am I crazy because of what he did, the composer of aggression
Yet the wizard of sympathy and kind.
It's a maze of thoughts. A bastion i will never scale. I can see the end in hope although I'm clearly blind.

There's a multiplication drumming inside my complicated mind
A need to cling onto a rock face, dazed and wonderment we find
Grandad plages the cells he may have spent time in, thinking he had to get home for the sake of future child
To touch the face of my grandmas cheeks, rough, rouge, he cools the heat reduces the hot to a tepid mild.

All I know is he came home. He found his girl and he reproduced the character of the man you see today.
Took it on the chin, head spin and carried on. Every day I dalliance with the creator of hell, yet I never remember how he created the pottery wheel that moulded the clay
Of my brainchild, that's hidden from today's society, I'm in the trench hole with him eighty years ago on my birthday plan
He stood, understood, created, survived, in his blood, a proud reason, a Yorkshire man.





No comments:

Post a Comment