Wednesday 4 October 2017

a piece of me on earth



Cross legged by the burning embers of last evenings camp fire
Eyes awakened to the posse approaching, there's someone going to die
And that someone ain't me, I'm going to extinguish everyone of these god forsaken souls
I'm all alone but there ain't no one else like me on these prairie plains, only one, survives. The one with the  biggest  balls.

So I twitch to the left, and I sniff to the right, engaging, the tongue extends and I taste the desert air
Like a coiled rattlesnake, pensive against the abrasive atmosphere,  that I won't allow the breath of despair
To overwhelm me, fingers twitching on the holster of my ivory handled gun
The killer instinct overcomes me, as they, my prey, approach unaware, of what I have become.

Satan took a hold of me that night, he blew the wind of resilience through my trigger finger
I saw it amongst my mind eye,  the fury of this essence as I fired and shot all those souls that did linger
As ghosts rising above their carcasses as they hit the ground, the last hoorah in their unfortunate existence
They tried to apprehend me because they felt that it was right, and yet I pointed out with every bullet their thoughts were obscured and dense.

I figure I am the anti hero, I killed men with families, that were only trying to provide, poor folk hoping to be rich
And I ain't going to defend my actions, I'm a nasty, dark eyed, tilted hat, son of a bitch.
Then the sun began to rise, and my orientation became apparent. The view became clear through my haze of death and rebirth
I survived another night, and once again, there was a piece of me on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment