Friday 20 November 2009

Ta Da

A rancid ranch in which a cowboy falls
stalls and extinguishes his cigarillo
the ghost of the sand in which he trod
on his way to the prostitutes and the purple silk of a bordello.
Whisky on rye in a sodden glass
holster lowered a little lower than yesterday
threatened by the maddest part of an insane man
a coyote cries yet does not bay.
I watched her from a distance and grew to fall
fell in love with a silk worm dressed in a enigma
threw down at the first challenge and re addressed myself
ta da.
A bullet in the side of me
she scattered as I bled
don't mess with a cowboy inner self
do not touch the grey cells of a Yankees head.
There is a monument dedicated to my grandfather
it lies on a hill a thousand miles away
a bearded portrait is all I hold of him
yet amongst his grave I feel I lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment