Thursday 26 November 2009

The bridge, go forth.

I wished to be decadent in a decade a plethora of miles away
where a silver glow slid on slides of mountains
and her eye lashes brushed against my heart
the end of a Hollywood film drowned with me in a siren of fountains.
The car stripped on a boulevard, whisky flows and never tires
sparkling wine of a valley in a feather boa wrapped around the neck
a waxed moustache tweaked and manicured in a flame of coal fires Christmas morn
we climbed and bid the captain hello, on the nineteen thirties deck.
spitfires and hurricanes fighting abroad,
a sword driven into a dress that flowed in a dance
I closed my eyes and dreamed of a place that is so far beyond
in a world that caressed the only things I became and dalliance.
golden haired and beyond a punishment
ivory and white tapping on polished floors
no more regrets, no more resentments.
Lets end the rules that made us stand and lay be out
bravado obrevado, I thank you and try to relax
be an observer, so enticed, I can only flout.
the cable cars conductor announced the tax
To the both of us I pay the ticket
Just to move on and give in I sway
San Fransisco bays and announces love
the golden gate bridge, go forth, and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment