Friday 13 November 2009

Burning embers

The spiders web sites a discovery on a dew dusk morning
Magellan straits and narrow his aim for the heart beats of scorning
discovery of a new passion and lesions, on a bare naked back
the touch of your lips sharpen then relax.
We tumble and fumble in a tog of goose feathers quilt
dug and hug in a passion of silt
I enter you and share the heart of my life in a cello of candid expression
a life time of anguish exposed in a neanderthal repression.
Yet it is all I know how to do for you,
without money of offers and gold digging true
the raw animal instinct that I hid for so long
the words I wrote to entice, the melody of a nineteenth century song.
Share the rest of your life with me
hold my hand and let us see what we were meant to see
I will chop the wood for the fire we craved
the burning embers of the passion
saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment