Wednesday 4 November 2009

Quantum Gravity, My little theory.

I know very little about quantum mechanics, and even less about quantum gravity, having just watched a BBC documentary does not leave me anymore enlightened, apparently however, black holes are hard to explain, also, why or how the universe is expanding is also hard to figure out, and it is not from lack of trying. I have a theory, i have no idea if it could be in any way correct, but its fun to try. so here goes, What if we are in a black hole? What if the universe is not expanding but our own galaxy is shrinking, making the universe appears to be moving away from us, when in fact we are moving away from it, into a black hole that has been consuming us for, well, a long time. Maybe we cant see black holes, because we are in one, and the light from the outer universe we observe is dissapearing as we get pulled in to the mouth of our black hole, there is apparantly a black hole at the center of every galaxy, but we cant find ours, what if its because we are in it?
This can probably be dismissed mathematically, and scientifically in seconds, but sometimes I just like to apply my non academic imagination to a very academic situation and come up with a theory, you know, just for a bit of a giggle.
Please, if you know any quantum physicist's , or good will hunting type mathematicians who care to ponder this, ridicule it, and then dump a bucket of cold scorn on to it, please show them and let me know, I'm a great believer in constructive criticism, especially in subjects I know nothing about. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment