Wednesday 15 February 2017

Rain driven umbrella


I died that night when my love said no and craved instead a fight
No more kisses or cuddles under the duvet at night
Instead a billion blank looks and animosity set as a stone in the ring
I see her mothers resentment locked in the eyes only sobriety of thoughts can bring

Yet I'm no longer a sober human being instead I am the rains driven umbrella
I understand her frosty position and I feel the warmth from that other fella
That she lay with just the other night. The thunderclap and ball lightening spread
Thor strikes my internal dialogue and my feelings are bitter tasting and dead.

Do I bend down on bended knee and seek the Lord I don't believe in
I crave tears from guardian angels that will forgive me for the atrocity and it's sin
I throw myself on to her sleeping form with a knife in hand and stab and snarl and splutter
I used to find myself in a beautiful paradise but now I'm in the gutter.

So I call the police on my myself and I'm ready for a reply
I'm ready for the verdict the prosecutions laborious statement that this fucker should die
Guilty was the answer and I shall be strapped to the chair because of the twisted loop
But it was worth the blood and tears and sweat of the aftermath, a bowl of insanity soup

The electric shock throbbed through my heart at a thousand miles an hour
I saw her parents face in the last vestibules of my final hour
I was a bastard and it's time that I admit it as I flow into the heavens like a kite
Yes I once weighed so heavy. Yet now, I am, so light.




No comments:

Post a Comment