Tuesday 20 June 2017

flatliner


So many times now I've been a flatliner, an only resuscitate if deemed necessary
A thousand times I've wanted to say the words marry me
Yet my progression has been so slow and I never deemed myself ready
Until now, with the orange hue sunset delving deep into the veins of my heart for all to see.

There's a mariachi band playing through a tequila laden fingertip on the strings of my mind
I will progress and steal the plectrum from your string burned eyes that lead to a human being, I'll uunwind
And then it's the time I entered the bank with a pistol for my wife to be
Give me everything in the safe or I'll end your entire family

And upon my demand, they did,  and I rode like the existence of the giving wind
I try to thrive upon  the saddle, while still alive, with gold in my iris knowing I had sinned
Yet you my love were more important I had to provide, since you told me you were due
I knew no other way, it was the gallows or the child and I knew I knew

So my steed thrust forward aiming for the ends of the earth, the shadow of tomorrow
A Cloud passed by and lit her in a shadowy dense cast of passing sticks of straw
I will reach you I swear, laden with my baby daughters future
Then the bullet hit me through the gut. No stitching and no suture.

I've loved this embrace of my love, my life, the very reason why
I rode through persecution from arrows and bullets and I cry
I'm now a blind man and I fell wounded to the floor
I tried giving you the rich man but I died a corpse on horseback poor

No comments:

Post a Comment