Sunday 29 December 2013

How to finish the senetence




burning inside my brain, no knowledge to contradict
a festival of feelings, unable to count and predict
I long for your forgiveness, your touch on sunny avenues
inside my body, relaxed, in earthly sinews.
sun mornings rising,, higher faster
avoiding your eyes so blue a disaster
cheeks blushed, in orange, in hue so declared,
I miss you, my open mind you dared.
We danced in a seasonal winter, summer, spring and autumn,
we negotiated those left out reasons, we sought them,
and cried on the hill of Heidelberg an opera written,
an early teenage love so smitten
and still i remember you to this very day,
in sleep i dream in a comfortable way
your heart and memory cast in light and darkness
forever
crying
in a mind so ubiquitous
I wonder what happens in a new born babies mind
do you question my attentions a look,a glance, to find
I need us to fall asleep, to dream about this day
there was no other reason, no games we had to play.
I was only sixteen years old and yet i beg you
this braveness of mine in order to do
to kiss, to love, to realise the difference
i no longer know how to complete the sentence.

.





No comments:

Post a Comment