Friday 16 April 2010

Jaw chewing

I'm biting the inside of my mouth
clawing at gums and circumstance
where the devil and angels meet
on a cross barrier
a fortified teeth grinding
sensation
an apprehension
a comprehension
of a jaw clenched
like a boxer in a brawl
a man on his knees
during the street crawl
begging for dollars and recognition
playing a guitar just to make
ends meet and romance
do you hold my tongue truer
than yours
you know you can't dispose
in a rivers end
wrapped in a bag of parts to a friend
holding back and spine
extinguish the scent with a hint
of lime and fruit
pursuit by the cops
cut off your hair and become naked
to escape
to dodge
I ain't going back to jail
to the chair i can't relax in
never will the Lords forgive my sin
put the bullet in my head
better off dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment