Sunday 4 October 2009

Red inside us all.

my blood on ebony skin
ivory has done this to me again
elephant tusks and complains
severed the beast inside of me
cowed and undiscovered
amid African sand unloved.
Held, meld on to the deck
wake I love, children of my god
gone. tied to a new religion
fellow men entangled in bangles of steel
questioning the reasoning of the vanilla essence
waves of depression, swamp the ship
can a be in
islands
i do not know, alone
plantations
work for nothing
currency of life
coins of sweat
up rise like Oroonoko
King of my homeland, against the fresh mane lion
trying to progress with no hope
i took an axe to the white mans head
he bled
dead
blood
like I do
fool, he is just the same as me
as I see
on the floor
as the other white men, beat
me, killed
me
red
inside
us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment