Tuesday 30 May 2017

It is my final day


The bank robbery went terribly wrong but I haven't spilled the entire beans
Sure that fucking teller tried to alert the cops but I addressed the situation and found it obscene
So I cocked like a cockerel the trigger and I fired a round square in the face the teller did bleed

And then we ran and in the running of this I felt bereavement like I had trod on a innocent bug
And yet as the child that was hurt by the vain and a belt I felt an internal smile a dream dealt hand of smug
The get away driver revved the cello tuned engine and we headed towards the border
I still don't understand the reason of your mind that tidies the terracotta of law and order

It didn't last for long this freedom from both physical mind and body and soul
A paragraph of disillusionment a fire stoked of love and coal
They fired three times and I'm down on the floor
And it's drawing to an end this rigmarole this need for more.

So I guess it's time to say hello to the sheriffs gun that pierced my heart in a shot
I entangle my fear of both death and the baby that is lying in the hometowns cot
She will never hear her daddies voice except in yellow ancient letters I wrote one time
And the last breath
I stroll forward once
The second in a second
I drop. Onto my knee
I try to pull the pistol from its holster
And then it's all slow motion
I cried in a minute second and then I passed away
A bullet to the brain.
It is my final day.

No comments:

Post a Comment