Tuesday 1 November 2016

I once polished my boots.

It's nineteen twenties Chicago and your leopard print dress is shimmering on a smokey shadowed stage
The world has a cigar dangling from the frame of its mouth
And I called forth the Jazz embued smoke of horizons
We neither head north nor reached into the throat coated south.
The hat wearing gangsters see through Tommy gun moon shines bars extraordinaire
She clicked her fingers dislocating the notes in an echo of the hall
A strawberry blonde delving deep in a bouncing share to pair in despair.
Eclectic black and white on faces and early repetition
Hit the highways packed with a double bass and sacs phone sexed
You can not let them beyond the tickets of admission.
For the sake of having you near I polished my boots
Just so I could see my jaw as it dropped on seeing your soul
The realms of the candy girl who threw her heart at me
We clung to each other, two lonely ghosts during the ball.
And so the orchestra displayed the notes and taught me twenties illusion
Created good and disallowed the wonderment of a pin striped suit
A Valentine's Day massacre pinned against the grey matter wall
In death they screamed. In death the cling to the absolute.

No comments:

Post a Comment