Thursday 3 October 2013

butterflies don't fall in love with me

I lied to you,
told you I could dance on tables
that i could sing, the lyrics to,
don't get around much anymore
play tenor sax,
I lied to you
to impress, saying sculpture were easy for me
portraits were a natural art
i could sew you a petty coat
i could captain a boat
wave goodbye to a crowd
i lied to you
i do not know Latin, nor Greek
i cant do calculus or
streak rainbows in the sky
for a child that is not mine
i lied
but be damned by it
i lied for a reason
its simple
i told tales
because i needed you
apologise i do
i can not see the shadows on the moon
nor can i draw down the flames of the sun
i tried to, believe me i did
the sweat was real, the perspire
butterflies don't fall in love with me
thats real.
I am not a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment